The 142nd Schoharie County Sunshine Fair, August 7-12 in Cobleskill, NY, will feature midway rides for all ages, live music and entertainment, demolition derbies, horse shows, livestock exhibits and shows, the Miniature Circus Museum, model railroad exhibit, antique tractor display, community exhibits, contests, carnival games and fair food for every appetite.
Daily pay-one-price admission (for ages 3 and older) is $15 Tuesday – Thursday and $17 Friday – Sunday and includes unlimited midway rides, grandstand shows, fairground attractions and parking.
Daily entertainment includes country music comedy shows by Buffalo Barfield & Un-Herd of Entertainment, Rosaire’s Royal Racing Pigs, Camel Kingdom, Royal Hanneford Circus, Scott’s Future World of Magic Show, Danny Grant’s Cowboy Circus strolling show, master chainsaw sculptor Brian Ruth, and Professor Chalmers B. Childs’ Amazing Patent Medicine Magic Show & Flea Circus.
Fair highlights include:
- Tuesday – NY Sire Stakes Harness Racing (noon); musician Bobby Stillwell (7:30 pm); Demolition Derby (7:30 pm)
- Wednesday – Swamp Drivers band (7:30 pm); Tough Trucks & Quad Wars (7:30 pm)
- Thursday – Demolition Derby (7:30 pm); Crossfire band (7:30 pm)
- Friday – NYS Sanctioned Tractor Pull (6 pm); Skeeter Creek band (8 pm)
- Saturday – All Animal Costume Parade (2 pm); Truck Pull (3:30 pm); Moonshine Junkies band (8 pm)
- Sunday – NBHA Barrel Race (noon); Irish Dancers (1 pm, 4 pm); Championship Demolition Derby (5:30 pm)
Fair admission (including unlimited rides) is $5 for ages 62 and older on Senior Recognition Day (Tuesday), and free for veterans and active military (with valid ID) on American Hero Day (Saturday). Visit the website for $55 pre-sale season passes.
The Sunshine Fair is open from 9 am to 11 pm at the Cobleskill Fairgrounds at 113 Sunshine Drive. Dreamland Amusements midway hours are 4 to 11 pm Tuesday and noon to 11 pm Wednesday – Sunday.
For more information, call Dreamland Amusements at 866-666-3247 or the Sunshine Fair office at 518-234-2123, or visit http://www.SunshineFair.org/.