Addison County Fair & Field Days, Vermont’s largest agricultural fair, returns to the New Haven fairgrounds for its 71st season August 7-11 with an exciting lineup of family-fun entertainment and activities for all ages.
The fair will feature midway rides and games, live music, an opening night parade and closing night fireworks, Robinson’s Racing Pigs, Tom Joyce “The Magic Man,” demolition derbies, truck and tractor pulls, horse shows, livestock shows and pulling contests, Cwtrials Bike Stunt Show, Children’s Barnyard activities, Pirate Man Dan shows, Cairo Northern Clowns, a Milking Parlor, Maple Sugar House, woodcarving, community exhibits, 4-H workshops, demonstrations, contests, favorite fair food and more.
Fair highlights include:
• Tuesday – Open Miniature Donkey Show (10 am), Gymkhana equestrian event (5 pm), Addison County Gospel Choir (7 pm)
• Wednesday – Ox Pulling (10:30 am), VINS (VT Institute of Natural Science) Cold Blooded Critters (6 pm) and Raptor Encounter (7 pm), Demolition Derby (7 pm)
• Thursday – Annual ACFFD Open Horse Show (8 am), Demolition Derby (7 pm), Refection Band (7 pm)
• Friday – VTPA Farmstock Tractor Pull (noon), Tethered Hot Air Balloon Rides (6 pm, weather permitting), Pitz Quattrone & The Freelancers (7 pm)
• Saturday – Luneaus Basketball Entertainment Show (1 pm, 3 pm), Michele Fay Band (6 pm), Truck & Tractor Pulls (7 pm)
Daily admission (including grandstand events, all field days shows, exhibits and parking) for ages 12 and older is $10 Tuesday, $12 Wednesday – Saturday or $45 for a season pass. Admission for children ages 6-11 is $5 per day or $15 for a season pass. Ages 5 and younger are admitted free.
Unlimited ride bracelets (for riders 36 inches and taller) are available for $15 from 6-11 pm Tuesday; $20 all day Wednesday, $17 from 6-11 pm Thursday; $12 from noon – 6 pm Friday, $17 from 6-11 pm Friday; and $17 from 6-11 pm Saturday.
Ride tickets are $1.50 each, $25 for 20 tickets, or $50 for 50 tickets plus 1 free ride. Rides take 2 or more tickets each.
The fair opens at 8:30 am Tuesday – Wednesday, 8 am Thursday, 8:30 am Friday and 9 am Saturday and closes at midnight at the Addison County Fairgrounds, 1790 Field Days Road. Dreamland Amusements midway hours are noon to 11 pm daily.
For more information, call Dreamland Amusements at 866-666-3247 or the fair office at 802-545-2557, or visit https://addisoncountyfielddays.com.