There’s something for everyone at the 132nd annual Delaware County Fair, Aug. 13-18 in Walton, NY, featuring midway rides, live music, livestock exhibits and competitions, horse shows, motorsports, Buffalo Barfield country music comedy shows, karaoke competitions, children’s activities, community exhibits, contests, carnival games, a variety of tasty fair food and more.
Fair highlights (free with gate admission) include:
- Hop City Hellcats (8 pm Monday)
- Delaware County Fair’s Got Talent (noon Tuesday)
- Hero’s Parade & Fireworks (7 pm Tuesday), featuring active duty military, veterans, fire/EMS and police heroes
- Jason Wicks Band (8 pm Wednesday)
- Brad Collins Band (7 pm Thursday)
- Quad and Side By Side Drag Races (11 am Friday)
- Sundown Band (8 pm Friday)
- Pony Pulls and Hay Hauling Contest (starting at 9 am Saturday)
- RPH Band of One (6 pm Saturday)
Daily admission is $8, or $18 for a season pass, and free for ages 12 and younger. Parking is free.
Admission does not include midway rides and paid grandstand events: Demolition Derbies (7 pm Monday, $6; 7 pm Friday, $7); NYTPA Tractor Pulls (7:30 pm Wednesday, $6); Pull Pull Pull – Street 4×4 Pickups (7 pm Thursday, $6); and country music artist Terri Clark (7:30 pm Saturday, $10).
A Mega Pass, valid for single-day admission and unlimited rides, is $22. Ride tickets are $1.50 each, $25 for 20 tickets, or $50 for 50 tickets plus 1 free ride. (Rides take 2 or more tickets each.)
Admission and ride specials:
- Dollar Day Tuesday – $1 admission, $1 rides. Free admission for active duty military and veterans
- Thursday – $21 unlimited rides. $4 admission for seniors
- Friday – $22 unlimited rides
- Saturday – $17 unlimited rides from noon to 5 pm; $18 unlimited rides from 6 pm to closing
The fair opens daily at 8 am at 2 Fair Street. The midway opens at 1 pm on Monday and noon Tuesday – Saturday.
For more information, call Dreamland Amusements at 866-666-3247 or the fair office at 607-865-4763, or visit http://delawarecountyfair.org.