The Schaghticoke Fair will celebrate its 199th year August 29 to September 3 in Schaghticoke, NY, with exhilarating rides and exciting entertainment for all ages, concerts, motorsports, community exhibits and livestock events.
Rensselaer County’s fair will feature Dreamland Amusements midway rides, Cirque Ma’ceo acrobatic equestrian stunt show, Extreme Raptors birds of prey show, livestock exhibits and shows, horse shows, a rodeo, Pirates of the Colombian Caribbean high-wire show, demolition derbies, truck and tractor pulls, Buffalo Barfield Music Show, strolling Cowboy Circus, children’s activities, demonstrations, contests, carnival games, favorite fair food, Saturday night fireworks and more.
Fair highlights include:
- Wednesday – Pickup Truck Pull (6 pm), NCMA (North Country Music Awards) Regional Finals (6-8:30 pm)
- Thursday – Garden Tractor Pull (noon), Double Figure 8 Derby (7 pm)
- Friday – Farm Tractor Pulls (1 pm, 7 pm), country artist Brandon Lay (7:30 pm)
- Saturday – Double M Rodeo (1 pm, 7 pm), “The Voice” 2017 contestant Moriah Formica (4 pm, 7:30 pm), Fireworks (9:30 pm)
- Sunday – Open Gymkhana Show (9 am), Sanctioned NYTPA Tractor Pulls (1 pm, 7 pm)
- Monday – Demolition Derby (2 pm, 7 pm), Keith Anderson concert (7:30 pm)
On opening day, Wednesday, fair admission is $1 and all midway rides are $1 each (10-ride minimum purchase). Admission on Wednesday is free for veterans and active duty military with military ID.
Fair admission is $12 Thursday – Monday, $40 for a season pass, and free for children 13 and younger. Admission for seniors 62 and older is $5 on Thursday.
Unlimited ride wristbands are $21 Wednesday – Friday and $23 Saturday – Monday. Ride tickets are $1.50 each, $25 for 20 tickets, or $50 for 50 tickets plus 1 free ride. Rides take 2 or more tickets each.
The Dreamland Amusements midway opens daily at noon at the Schaghticoke Fairgrounds at 69 Stillwater Bridge Road.
For more information, call Dreamland Amusements at 866-666-3247 or the Fair Office at 518-753-4411, or visit http://SchaghticokeFair.com.